Want the invite to the best parties? Then be the best guest! Make your appearance noteworthy but not overshadowing with these quick tips:
- ALWAYS RSVP– Your response is essential for party planning. Whether it’s a small dinner party or a fete, let the host know within at least two days of receiving the invitation your intent to attend.
- Be on time – Avoid showing up early at all costs. It will be awkward for both you and the host when you get there while everything is still being prepared. Although you don’t want to get there early, try to arrive no more than twenty minutes past the scheduled time.
- Don’t invite the uninvited – If the invitation states you can bring a +1, then by all means, bring a guest. Otherwise, showing up stag is a safe bet.
- Say ‘Hello!’ – As soon as you walk in the door, find the host and say hello! This helps them keep up with who’s there and who is still on their way.
- Arrive bearing gifts – It is never inappropriate to bring a gift for your host. Adjust the price of the gift according to the type of the party. The more elaborate the party is, the more elaborate the gift should be. If it’s a casual get-together, bring some snacks or drinks to complement what the host has already prepared. Attach a little note of thanks so your gift isn’t anonymous.
- Thank the host twice – Grab a napkin or come bearing stationery and write a quick note thanking the host for the invite. Be sure to note one detail from the party to prove your attendance.
Now you should get a calendar to keep up with all your parties and events!