We admit that a lot more goes into a party than just catering and finding a venue. Design will either make or break your event. In the past, one could get away with having an event that was only visually stimulating, but that is no longer the case. To have a successful event, interactive design is everything. Continue reading to explore how to elevate the design of your event.
In the age of Instagram, a picture says a million words. Since the world has transitioned to being viewed primarily on a screen, it is important to see things from a different perspective, especially with design. Event design is heavily influenced by social media and what is deemed as “Instagrammable.” The places people choose to visit and capture must be of photo-worthy quality and style. The challenge when designing your event will lie in luring your guests to take advantage of the picturesque environment you have created.
Some interactive design ideas to get your guests engaged include event hashtags, Snapchat geofilters, photo booths, and utilizing special effects.
- Event Hashtags: This has become an extremely popular way of getting your guests involved via social media. Having a hashtag for your event makes it easy for guests to find photos and have interactions with the other guests. When creating a hashtag, it is important to make it unique, short, relevant, and memorable.
- Snapchat Geofilters: A Snapchat geofilter is a location-based filter that is accessed through the app at the location of your event. They are a fun way to spice up your party and get your guests involved. This type of filter spreads awareness to your guests and the nearby audience.
- Photo Booth: A photo booth is a great way to engage guests of all ages at your event. This also acts as an ice breaker for guests who haven’t seen each other in a while. Plus, your guests will treasure the memory of your event through this nostalgic party favor.
- Customizable Food: This may mean personalizing the menu to showcase your personality or offering options like a mac and cheese bar where guests can customize their own dishes. If you choose to implement food bars, make sure to have fun with it. For a mac and cheese bar, offer different cheese sauces or toppings like bacon and chives; all ages love this dish! Whatever the menu holds, make sure your catering team presents the dishes in a visually appealing way. Food is gorgeous and should be presented as such!
- Craft Cocktail: Work with your caterer to create a unique cocktail to celebrate the occasion and get the party started. Signature cocktails that reflect the host’s preference and personality are becoming increasingly popular. All Occasion Catering offers full bar service and mixologists for anyone looking to take their event to the next level.
- Special Effects: This includes everything from a memorable music playlist to special lighting effects. Booking a band, a DJ, or even a good playlist off Spotify will set the tone of your event. If you want your guests to dance, you have to play upbeat music. Lighting also aids in the experience of your event. The lighting design can come in the form of a laser show, accent string lights, or even a disco ball. Whatever special lighting designs you have in mind, be sure it wows your guests and leaves them dazzled.
In the digital age, it is imperative to incorporate design tactics to engage the guests at your event. Through the use of these design ideas, your guests are sure to fully enjoy and experience the event and all it has to offer.
A Memory that will Last a Lifetime
The new priority of creating an Instagrammable event is easy to implement through the use of effective stimuli. However, it is important to have your event be both visually and emotionally stimulating for guests so they will remember it for years to come. Adding sensory effects to your event, which engage a number of senses, is done through a variety of event design and catering options.
- Appealing to Scent: The utilization of scent is one of the most important and effective senses to engage when creating a memorable event or experience. According to the SIRC’s Smell Report, the use of potent smells creates the strongest emotional connection and reaction of all of the senses. This is due to scent’s powerful relationship with the brain’s memory function. You are able to appeal to this sense directly with the help of your caterer. All Occasion Catering offers an aromatic baked goods bar that is sure to create a lasting memory for your guests. We offer various desserts and menus that will evoke memories of your grandmother’s kitchen.
- Incorporating Strong Visuals: Visuals create strong memories for event attendees as well. This is the first impression your guests will have at your event, so it is important to fully embrace the art of observable scenery. You can incorporate greenery into the design of the event to give a memorable zen vibe. Feng Shui is an amazing way to engage guests with the aesthetic of your event. This stimulating visual experience will leave your guests feeling energized and fulfilled.
Finding the Right Team
So what does all of this information mean for event design? The more engaging the design of your event the better. The design of an event is so much more than just a backdrop nowadays and should be treated as an opportunity to get creative. It is important to find the right team to execute all of these stimulating features at your next event. Do some local research to see who is able to help you plan an engaging and stimulating event.
If you live in the Knoxville area, All Occasion Catering does an amazing job at making your ideas come to life. With a rich history of professional experience, customizable menus and food service options, AOC makes planning your special event easy and convenient. We have the eye for design and can turn regular catered food into a gorgeous visual display. To book All Occasion Catering for your next event, give us a call at (865) 521-1300 or visit our website.